Terms and Conditions
Cask Plate: The laminated card in front of the Cask or Bar Pump providing the name of the ale or cider and the logo/name of the Sponsor.
Event: the following series of events collectively entitled Knutsford Beer Festival, which is to take place between 19th and 21st April 2018 at Egerton Youth Club.
Festival Guide: the programme produced and provided to all attendees at the festival containing all
the ales, tasting notes and sponsor logos.
Force Majeure Event: any event affecting the performance of any provision of this agreement arising from or attributable to acts, events, omissions, or accidents which are beyond the reasonable control of a party including any abnormally inclement weather, flood, lightning, storm, fire, explosion, earthquake, subsidence, structural damage, epidemic or other natural physical disaster, transport, disruptions, failure or shortage of power supplies, war, military operations, riot, crowd disorder, strike, lock-outs or other industrial action, terrorist action, civil commotion and any legislation, regulations, ruling or omission of any relevant government, court, competent national authority or governing body.
KBF: Knutsford Beer Festival
Sponsorship Monies: the price paid by You to KBF for the Sponsorship Package
Sponsorship Package: the package as detailed on the website at
www.knutsfordbeerfestival.org.uk/sponsor). The packages are for Cask Sponsorship, Marquee
Sponsorship, Entertainment Sponsor and the contents of the packages vary dependent upon the
Sponsorship Monies paid.
You: the Sponsor
- The completion of this form and payment of the sponsorship monies due constitutes a binding agreement between the KBF and You. If for any reason the sponsorship monies due are not received within 7 days of registration, this agreement will be terminated and you will not be a sponsor of the festival.
- In consideration for the sponsorship monies paid You will receive the promotional benefits as listed in the Sponsorship Package elements as detailed on this website. KBF is responsible for organising and staging the Event at its sole cost.
- Your obligations as Sponsor are to pay the sponsorship monies due, provide your company logo and guide advert when requested to ensure that it can be used as indicated in the sponsorship package. If You fail to provide the logo or guide advert within the specified timescales, KBF cannot guarantee that it will feature within the Festival Guide or on the Cask Plate. In these circumstances the company name will be used in place of a logo in plain black type. KBF will not be liable for any losses of publicity, monies or otherwise should the requested logo not be provided when required.
- All amounts payable to KBF under this agreement are to be paid free and clear of currency control restrictions, bank charges, fees, duties or other transactional costs, the payment of which shall be the sole responsibility of You.
- By accepting these terms and conditions you provide to KBF a licence to use your company name and logo during the event for promotional purposes and to enable KBF’s obligations under this agreement to be carried out.
- KBF shall use its reasonable endeavours to deliver or ensure the delivery of each and all of the Sponsorship Package elements to the You save for as excluded in clause 3 when You fail to comply with your obligations.
- As part of the Sponsorship package You will receive at least one free ticket via a guest list, it will be your responsibility to advise the organisers of names of those attending to be sure of access to the event.
- All rights not expressly granted to the You under this agreement are reserved to KBF.
- Neither party shall be liable to the other under this agreement for any loss, damage, cost, expense or other claim for compensation arising as a direct or indirect result or breach or non-performance of this agreement due to a Force Majeure Event.
- Under no circumstances shall KBF be liable to the You for any of the following, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise:
any indirect or consequential losses;
loss of revenue or anticipated revenue;
loss of savings or anticipated savings;
loss of business opportunity;
loss of profits or anticipated profits; or
loss of wasted expenditure
KBF’s maximum aggregate liability in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, however arising, out of or in connection with the performance of KBF’s obligations under this agreement shall be limited to a sum equal to the amount of the Sponsorship Monies received by the KBF as at the date of such act or omissions.
- If the Event is cancelled for any reason (including, without limitation, by reason of a Force Majeure Event) KBF shall notify the Sponsor of the cancellation as soon as possible. The parties agree that:
a) KBF shall not be in breach of this agreement by virtue of that cancellation or abandonment;
b) without prejudice to their rights and liabilities arising before this cancellation) the parties shall, in respect of the period following the KBF's notice, thereafter be relieved of their rights and obligations under this agreement in respect of the Event.
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes and extinguishes all previous drafts, agreements, arrangements and understandings between them, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
- Any notice or other communication required to be given to a party under or in connection with this contract shall be in writing and shall be delivered by email to the address provided on registration.
- This agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.